Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Router HG658c Locked?

Options
  • 09-12-2021 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I have a HG658c working away for the last few years.

Just recently I started looking into adding a better router and read the whole thread on bridging the HG658c as my new router does not have a built in modem.

I tried following that thread but found I could not save any changes to the HG658c.

I reset it which made no difference. Then I tried making simple changes like changing my SSID and wifi password. Same problem. It's as though the whole thing is locked up. I was able to do that previously without any issue.

Before I go contacting vodafone is there anything I'm missing here?

The error message that pops up when I try to submit any changes is

Parameter settings are invalid.

Please try again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

It is not that you skip Submit button , isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭hesker

I get the error message after I hit the submit button

Whats the error statment?

On which change you get error or is it any change , even SSID?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭hesker

It's all there in the OP.

I was onto Vodafone support. They couldn't change it either and got the same error message, even after another reset. They're going to send out a Gigabox.

Hope I can bridge that easily. Spent hours reading up on bridging the 658c already for absolutely no gain.

At the back of my mind there is a hazy recollection that there is a step I’m missing between making changes and hitting submit. Some “Save” button that you wouldn’t notice easily. Might be dreaming though

oh, i see, could swear that detail was not there, or is it still to early in the morning...

• Advertisement
Advertisement