Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil/Public Service - Work From Home the future? WFM

Options
  • 09-12-2021 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi folks,

I currently work in the public sector and am lucky enough to work in a department that will be continuing to work from home 5 days a week for the foreseeable future regardless of COVID. I've recently been offered a promotion on a general Dublin Civil Service panel and I'm wondering is anyone aware of any Civil Service departments that are planning to expand wfm beyond the 1 day a week? I'm reluctant to accept a position anywhere if I'm commiting myself to commute hell again. Cheers

Comments

The framework that all Departments will have to work within, has not been published yet, so no one can say with complete certainty what the remote working policy will be.

But what I have heard is that positions WFH will be decided based on the work being suitable to be done remotely - not that the person doing it wants to work remotely.

So find out all you can about where you will be going, before you make up your mind. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

PS here too but any communications we've received keep reinforcing that the WFH measures are temporary

• Registered Users Posts: 15 minersrepite

Yeah that's what I gathered, where I currently work is an exception. I'm going to get a job offer in the next number of months and I'm trying to sus out which departments if any may offer wfh flexibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I have been working from home since March 2020 with the exception of a few weeks in Sept/Oct where we came into the office once a week. At the time we were told that it would increase to 2 days in November to March (this was before the work from home request came back in) and then in March we would go to a blended working arangement. No way am Im travelling from Cavan to Dublin 5 days a week again. Did enough of that pre Covid and will not do it again. I

Advertisement