Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a plumber to fine tune a Gas fired central heating system - Limerick City

• 09-12-2021 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

I have a Gas boiler based central heating system that needs to be fine tuned.

I also have some half inch taps that need replacing and a toilet cistern that is slow to fill.

Can anyone recommend a plumber that's good with gas central heating and could do the other jobs also?

MtM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

You will need a registered gas installer (RGI) for the central heating job.

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I’ve found that RGI’s don’t tend to like to stray from the gas side of things so may have no interest in your other plumbing issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

I'm still in need of a RGI or plumber who is good with gas boiler central heating systems.

I need to fine tune the system as the copper cylinder is getting hot when zoned by itself, but both rads and cylinder struggle to heat up properly when both zones are on.

Perhaps I have sludge in rads, perhaps the system needs balancing (I have already bled the rads).

Does anyone have a recommendation please - Limerick City area.

Got the other jobs with the taps sorted.

MtM

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Try https://cityandcountyheating.ie/ , Niall has done loads of work for me and is absolutely top notch.

If he can't or is too busy to do the job, he will know someone who can do it.

Advertisement