Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Annual Canceling sky call

• 09-12-2021 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

First off Its not my choice to have sky in the house

But The wife and kids find it handy for all of their programs within the egp etc ...

Anyway was paying 31:40 for my bundle and now out of contract thats shot up to 50 yoyos

Rang the number expecting to be put through to someone ...but its all automated now, just got a sorry to see you go bye :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

are you using the freephone number ie 1800 92 74 76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Yeah automated ...same reply .....got on to sky via FB messenger and they said it wasn't cancelled and gave me yet another number ......automated with the same message ....so back on to the FB messenger and she went through as much a she could and has me scheduled for a call back Monday 🙏🙏 ....some dose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Evergreen_7

Ah what? I do this every year when the prices shoot up.

ring up, tell them I’m leaving, they offer me a good deal, I stay.

is this not possible anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

Come January my bill was due to rise to €48 pm for the Signature package.

Rang to cancel. Even as a so called VIP customer it took 50 minutes to get through to an agent.

Best they would offer was €38 pm.Went ahead with the cancellation.

Some mess ended up going via Facebook messenger ..... 3 days of pain 🤣🤣 for them down to 35 for signature and kids (including the coming price rise)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭machu

I signed up for sky tv/broadband on the 25/11/21. I got three appointments to install sky fibre the first was on the 6th December next on the 10th now tomorrow’s appointment has been put back with a message that it should be resolved on the 23rd naturally I’ve lost all faith in them and today took out another 12 month contract with my old supplier as I couldn’t risk having no tv/broadband for Christmas. Will I be able to just ring sky tomorrow and cancel explaining my reasons without having to pay any penalties ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Q&A

14 day cooling off period doesn't start until they finish installation so you should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I got them in the normal way about 1 month ago. Went Abit easier than previous.

I have F1 channel via hd pack which is a legacy deal at this stage and making changes to package, I was very afraid they would remove my F1 channel. Girl on other end was laughing in the end after I got her to confirm for the 5th time that F1 would remain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Had to haggle with Sky to get the price down about 2 months ago as I was out of contract. Did it on WhatsApp. It took a full day texting with no joy until I said I'd move to Virgin. Then dropped price straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭tom23

I rang up to day... do it every year. I cancelled the TV. They wouldn't budge. Was actually surprised at their stance as usually there is some wiggle room. Now I am just left with the broadband and they are quoting me 50 up from 35. they won't budge... so how did ya get them to drop down to 35?

• Advertisement

Quoted them the price of a similar package from eir (my fibres with eir) ....said I'm not really interested in staying for 50 euro I'd like to leave ........ Got the can we run through a few things .....just said no thanks ...I'm happy with the package and price I'm on if we can keep it the same I will stay if not I'm off ............took three days of negotiations tho 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭jos22

how long did it take them to reply to you on facebook ?

they got back to me day later with gave me 3 options of contacting Loyalty team

via text , phone or facebook messenger, which appears to be a different account to the standard sky facebook

Post edited by jos22 on

They reply that day ..it's handy if your at work ... although try and get the deal done in the one day as when the operator finishes their shift you get cut loose and have to go over everything again with the new agent the next day

texted them on the number provided, on Thursday still no reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Whats the whatsapp number does anyone know?

We are with them over 20 years with Sky Signature and Sky Kids. Last time I called was in August, they werent willing to offer me anything. Not even humouring me by putting me "on hold". 😄 Going up to €48 shortly, might try again.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

facebook gave me these regarding contacting them

contacting our Loyalty team on 0818 719 819 to check if any available offers on your account. Alternatively, you can reach them by texting: 0861803131 or through Facebook messenger via: m.me/232983473869986.

I sent them a message on Facebook. They brought it down to 33 euro from 47. We have Sky Kids and Signature.

Advertisement