Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir v Vodafone v Three 5g Mobile Broadband

Options
  • 09-12-2021 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

So finally my area has 5g coverage. Just wondering if people have invested yet in the mobile BB and what is feedback?

Three seem to be the only ones with the option of installing an antenna which I would prefer to maximise the performance, not sure what router they are using> The other two are using the H122 5G CPE. I guess fairly standard.

Any feedback? Thanks

Quick search and the Three device is Huawei 5G WIN FWA I think with the antenna

Post edited by Blue4u on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Was not able to find what exact variant of H122 three supply, there is two and they are same same but different. As UK Three does -370 only guess IE are same. Anyone?

https://store4g.com/blog/huawei-h112-372-vs-h112-370/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Really, I'd be looking at the best 4G system you can right now. 5G is "limited" at the minute while mature 4G emanates from all the sites it does. If you have a cell footprint with 500 users in it, 70%+ with 5G capable handsets they'll all link to the 5G cell preferentially. 4G has rakes of capacity, declining contention (*caveats I wont dive into).

AC vs AX is a bit of a delta between those two units. But probably doesnt matter for LAN-WAN traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Santa should come with 5G enabled phone for me(it is time to RIP mine long serving S5, despite nothing wrong with it for mine needs), not putting much hope, but i'll speak then about my area :D

Regard H112, i wish Huawei would put features from both models into one

Advertisement