Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightgift

• 10-12-2021 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Just want to make people aware who are thinking about buying flight vouchers using flightgift dot com. Maybe people are looking at this as a Xmas present.

I got a voucher about 2 years ago and as they expire after 2 years, I have been looking at booking a flight and using the voucher.

I looked at it a few months ago and at that point it was not all that bad.. Ryanair flights were about 7 euro more expensive than on the RA website. But that is the business model, no big issue with that.

However today I look again..

1) Ryanair is no longer an option

2) An Aerlingus return flight that sells on aerlingus website sells for €60, on flightgift it is €209- fair difference is likely also due to 20kg luggage included on flightgift ( you can't change that though- and I typically only have hand luggage- and still, 140 euro for a bag is a bit steep)

3) Another return flight I looked at was 170 euro on flightgift (no bags included), 130 euro on KLM (also no bags included) - more or less negating the 50 euro voucher I have..especially since I am not sure KLM will honour their free flight change when bought through a 3rd party site.

So please be aware that you won't be able to buy Ryanair flights and for other airlines it may not be particularly good value for money.

Advertisement