Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unmerge 2 iphones

• 10-12-2021 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi All

My work iPhone 7 contacts seems to have merged with my personal iPhone 6 somehow. All contacts on each phone are now on both, not a huge problem but i do like to keep work/personal life separate.

Google search shows how to unmerge them but every contact needs to be done individually on both phones, also it seems a bit of an unwanted invasion of privacy.

Any ideas how to reverse this action?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

If it has happened fairly recently you could possibly just go back and restore an old synced version assuming you back up to iCloud? Not sure what way it works if both are backed up as I assume it probably merges them so this may not work the way you want it to but no risk in trying it as it will back up your current contacts before you restore anyway

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/icloud/mm1d9cfdb498/icloud

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

Thank you, much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭djdunny

Op. I would first check on your phone to see where the contacts are being stored. More often they are synced from iCloud/outlook/gmail etc.

You can identify which account is syncing the contacts by clicking on “Group” in the top left corner of your contacts. Process of elimination might help you identify which account is syncing your work contacts.

the contacts option can then be turned off for that account in settings. Settings>Mail>Accounts

Advertisement