Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your favourite photo( taken by yourself) of 2021

• 10-12-2021 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭

It has been a strange couple of years - with the covid virus dominating our lives.

But we all kept going out with our cameras.

What was your favourite picture of the last 12 months?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I do think my perceptions have been altered by the 'almost surreal' events which have unfolded since Covid 19 arrived.

My fav of the year reflects that - I think

The sad death of the one-day mushrooms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

I can't pick between these two shots, both taken within a few minutes of each other, at the end of February.

They are not my technically my best shots, by a mile. But I keep harping back to them. I can't get their faces out of my head.

They sum up the "elephant in the room" for me, the "pandemic". The first I call "Loneliness of Lockdown" and the second "What happens next?".

I talked to the elderly man and his story brought home how we have abandoned the elderly. And I left him, feeling I have failed the older part of our nation.

The second is of a young girl, riding free in the sunshine, in a park with her mom. Normally, she would have a smile on her face, showing the exuberance and joie de vivre of youth. Instead it shows the uncertanancy and fear we have foisted on the young, because of our own fears of our mortality. Not theirs. And I went home, feeling ashamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

@Adrian

the backlight in that photo of the young girl cyclist is stunning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Lots of good ones this year, but I keep coming back to this. Taken on Kodak gold 200 on my OM-2.

As close to straight out of the camera as you get with only a minor colour correction to account for the scanner overcompensating for the large dark areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Always hard to pick one but selected this for the times that are in it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ForestFire

First time posting here (I think) and infrequent hobbyists for a a fair while now.

Spotted this thread and said Id try to post something and maybe it might get me more motivated for the future!!

Recently changed from Nikon D50/D5100 to Fuji XT30 so here's one of my early shots on the new camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wilsixon

My favourite from 2021 was a simple bumblebee caught mid flight

Advertisement