Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking To Move

Options
  • 11-12-2021 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there i'm currently looking into a possible move from the south east of England to Co.Mayo and looking for any advice regarding qualifications and requirements to work. It came to my attention on a recent visit to the family home in Co.Mayo that there's a lack of plumbers around so I though id look into the possibility of a change of scenery.

I've been a heating and plumbing engineer now for 7+ years and have my relevant NVQ and gas safe qualifications and NICEIC competant persons scheme for unvented cylinders, for work in the UK. So far as i can see the area that i'd be moving to has limited access natural gas mains and therefor oil and solid fuel are the primary sources. This is also what friends and family in the area informed me.

From my limited research so far i will need OFTEC Oil 50, 101, 105E, 600a for oil works, OFTEC OFT15-108D, OFT15-108W, OFT18-108S for solid fuel wet and dry, all of which i can gain here in England before moving and to my knowledge are transferable (please let me know if i'm wrong) and then there's unvented cylinders, i'm on a CPS scheme here and was wondering if theres a similar scheme in place in Ireland. From what i can see my NVQ 2/3 carries over.

Please let me know if i'm misinformed with any of the above, as i said very i'm much just looking into the options available and should we decide on the move i'd want to get up and running as soon as possible so if quals were able to be completed before the move that would be ideal.

Thankyou for your time

Tagged:

Advertisement