Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new pot and pan for induction hob

• 11-12-2021 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,683 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all.

I have a set of pots that I got about 15 years ago as a starter set that are well and truly in need of replacement at this stage.

Im in the hunt for a large pot that has to work with an induction hob, but I’d also like to be able to pop the pot in the oven for when I’m doing stews etc. it also needs to come with a lid.

I also need a pan but preferably a 32” with a lid, that doesn’t have a Teflon non stick coating (wanna try and stay away from that).

id be willing to spend a couple of hundred on these.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have a set of Stellar 7000's. I really like them. Reasonably heavy base, steel handles, glass tops, pouring spouts and volume markers... Should be within your price range of you shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭setanta1000

Apologies in advance for highjacking the thread but I am in a similar boat - are the Stellar 7000's better than the 1000's?

I need to replace my Stellar pot set I've had for 20 years as we are getting an induction hob and want to make sure I get something of equivalent quality.

Also any recommendations for induction roasting tins for proper gravy making and any good large woks that can hold stir fry for five adults?

Edit: Also, where's best to buy all these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The 7000's had a lot of functions that I liked, so I didn't pay much attention to the 1000's, but the straight sides of the 7000 are far more practical, than the potbelly shape of the 1000's. They do various sized woks in each range too, with or without lids. I got the pots in Arnott's and added a frying pan from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭setanta1000

Brilliant - thanks for the info, much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Buy a cheap steel wok in an Asian shop and season it properly. I have one for over over 25 years and it's still perfect!

Paying for expensive woks is a complete waste of money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement