Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Hatchback Hunt - 10y.o. max, decent boot

Options
  • 12-12-2021 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Greetings Boardsies!

I'm on the hunt for a hatchback after almost 10 hassle-free years in a high enough spec 03 Corolla 1.4L petrol. Scanning the market and the boards and getting a sense of options, would love a bit of insight on the options below.

City runaround, longer motorway drives of 350km+ every 6 weeks or so. Need a decent boot, bit of spec and 8-10 years old. Petrol or self-charging petrol hybrid.

Honda Jazz (or Fit, if the dash ain't in Japanese!), 2013-2017 model

Hyundai i30, 2012 - 2016 model (seems to be a lot more diesel vs petrol on the market)

Toyota Auris, 2013 - 2015 model (not too inspiring-looking though 😅)

VW Golf, 2012 - 2017 model

The Jazz caught my eye due to the flexibility of the seats and amount of cargo volume, availability of a hybrid option seems good and the dash and interior doesn't wreck my head! Generally not the worst looking compared to the shortlist either.

Know 2 prior owners who loved them, 1 who noted getting the odd part can be a challenge. Motor nerd who advised on the Corolla isn't too hot on them either.

Eager to get some more thoughts! Cheers.

Advertisement