Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies saddles on road bikes

Options
  • 12-12-2021 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Ladies who have shopped around looking to improve on the generic saddle shape/design, how did it work out? Is there any consensus among the club cyclists about the best choice?

Mrs Roadtoad (a size 8) suffers somewhat in that department after a few km, and I wonder if there's anything tangible I can do to help, beyond .......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

My girlfriend just bought a bike from Base2Race in Dollymount, based on a recommendation from a friend, and I would highly recommend them as a place where you could go to get some professional advice.

She bought a LIV bike, a subset of GIANT but very woman-specific. They sell a lot of these bikes, and seem to be conscious of women as customers/clients. Woman-specific saddles are not a mystery, she upgraded from a Specialized Dolce, which is also a woman-specific bike with according components, and she's had no problems with saddles.

Popping in to shops that deal w/woman-specific bikes should be able to point you in the right direction. They might even let you try out a saddle. A good LBS really is priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rxchxy

I have a LIV bike and while I love the bike, the stock saddle on it caused me all sorts of issues. I swapped saddles a few times, tried cut out ones and eventually settled on an ISM saddle. Not sure where you're based OP but similar to the poster above I would recommend Base2Race in Ballymount. They let me try out different saddles for a few weeks before deciding on one. Saddles are very much personal preference - the Selle Italia superflow is recommended a lot for women but I just couldn't get comfortable on it so it's worth finding somewhere that will let you try a saddle before buying it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I have adamos on all my bikes, road, track, even the mtb. Only comfy saddle I've had.

Advertisement