Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb Q re boards?

Options
  • 13-12-2021 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I used to use boards a lot. I used to subscribe/follow about 10 or 12 forums regularly. Following the site update, I have not been able to find (or recreate) that list. Am I missing it? It used to be a little dropdown arrow, top right, near username.

Thanks in advance

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's gone since the update. They did say they are bringing it back but that will be a long time into the future as even bug fixes take ages.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hopefully it's not too far away now, we are working on it at the moment. I miss it too, very handy for checking a specific list of forums .

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Good stuff - thank you

Followed Forums are now back, on desktop they are in the top navigation bar on the right and on mobile they are in the burger menu on the top left. See this post for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

On the notification bell, I used to get a single notification if a followed thread was posted in, now I get a notification for each and every post - and I seem to need to click them as all read - is there any way to go back to the old system?

• Advertisement

You can't go back to the old system however a good workaround (in my opinion!) is to turn off notifications for threads that you follow in Notification Preferences here and to bookmark them and just go to 'Bookmarks' when you want to see these threads with new posts.

Advertisement