Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflection Tokens - (Safemoon)?

Options
  • 13-12-2021 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know how reflection tokens for example Safemoon that gain tokens for holding in your wallet. Where do they fall under Income/ CGT. Are they treated similar to how airdrops/staking rewards?

I haven't seen anything online about it. I think reflection tokens are new type of token that came out this year. I could be wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

There is a 0% chance that the government have a rule about how reflection should be treated so i would treat it the same as a staking reward.

This means it is taxed as income when you receive the reflection and when you sell it then its taxed as CGT.

However since reflections are constant and there is no transaction records for the tokens you receive i dont really know how this could be accurately reported or audited.

Advertisement