Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes Dye - Polyester

Options
  • 13-12-2021 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hello all!

I bought an expensive The North Face waterproof light-weight jacket made of 100% Polyester.

It is of a very ugly cream colour, not black and white but cream and white. It makes me look so pale it's horrendous. Unfortunately it is way too late to send it back, I never use it but I don't feel like getting rid of it as it was over 80euro.

I searched a lot and dye 100% Polyester clothes at home is nearly impossible. Anybody have any ideas how could I deal with this??? Is there a shop or somebody I could bring this jacket to to change its colour?? Help pls 😪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Polyester is very difficult to dye and takes double the amount of dye stated. Your real problem is its waterproof, and will therefore not absorb any dye. I think it would cost more than it's value to have it dyed even if you could find a place to do it.

My suggestion is to accessorise it with a colourful scarf or ust use it on wet days when no one really cares.

Advertisement