Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curtains cost

• 13-12-2021 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭

How much very roughly would it cost to measure, make and fit curtains for a large sitting room and bedroom? I haven't a clue. Would it be close to a grand?

I'll get a few quotes next week but would like to know what to expect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭apache

On second thoughts could be closer to 2 grand. Maybe between 2-3! Will be interesting to find out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Jesus, no where near.

Price curtains, curtain rods and pullback online and then hire a carpenter to fit them for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭antfin

Like everything, it can vary massively depending on the quality. A large set of curtains with a long drop to the ground made to order from decent fabric and blackout could easily cost €1,000 per set. Pre-made lower quality fabric curtains could be sourced online for 10% of that so it really depends on your taste and wallet!

The sitting room could easily cost €1500. I just want to pay one company to do everything for me at the one time. I know it's difficult to estimate without seeing it but these are huge windows.

Thanks for reply. I'd be looking for decent quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Could be much more depending on how big and quality of fabric. In laws got curtains made a few years ago for a large sitting room window 8' x 16' approx plus a smaller side window of about 4' x 4' and they cost €4k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Jesus.

Home store and more for decent curtains. Poles and all you need to hang them there as well.

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/ready-made-curtains

If you've anyone handy in the house at all you'd hang them yourselves never mind needing a carpenter.

Have a look on YouTube if you need some guidance.

Can be done for 400 max for the two rooms. As with a lot of things like this though you could easily spend ten times that if you wanted to.

Even if ya had to buy a decent drill you'd have it for again!

There are lots of things in houses that are a serious waste of money. To me, curtains can be one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

We bought curtains yesterday to cover the bay window in the sitting room. Very wide at 360cm width and got the pole and 2 sets of decent quality pre made curtains for €150 in Harry Corry (50% off sale at the moment)

The windows go from ceiling to floor and are the whole length of the sitting room. Unfortunately no ready made curtains will fit.

Now I'm thinking 2-3 grand for both rooms. I'll post up the quotes that I get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There is a huge difference in quality and finish between Harry Corey/ Home Store and more ready made curtains & poles and custom made. It is the type of thing that will bother you, or won’t.

When I moved into my house years ago, it was Harry Corry but when I did my refurb a couple of years ago, I got custom made on specific poles.

You could be looking at 2 k each easy depending on fabric and widths.

• Advertisement

Just for anyone who hasn't a clue about curtain costs got a quote today. Good reputable company. Bedroom with blackout lining and sitting room was €2694.50. Paid half deposit already. They will be ready in 5 weeks. Boom.....delighted....

Had thought it would be around that or dearer. It will make a difference having them professionally made and fitted.

Advertisement