Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix, 13-19 December, Coventry Arena

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Ronnie showed a great attitude to nick that last frame, rare if ever he'd go chasing two snookers before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

After Neil missed the red i was fully expecting ronnie just to shake hands and quick exit stage right. Try to second guess him and he'll make a mug of you! Yesterday he wasn't playing misses against Stuart Bingham, today he put Robbo back in on at least 2 occasions. Just an enigma to his dying day, i guess.

Great final so far even without heavy scoring

If robbo can get 2 frame cushion again, feel it could be decisive, particularly after that telling blow. Ronnies stickability has been admirable but he'll be running out of frames soon.

Can't fault Ronnie's application...

• Advertisement

What a time to miscue! Chance ronnie to close it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ronnie ends his drought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Have we seen the end of O’Sullivan? Did I actually read that earlier this week? Whoever said that has some explaining to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

LOL...it was me that posed the question, Ronnie made remarks about quitting and I personally think he wouldn't continue without being able to compete in the business end of tournaments, and I believe that, I don't think he'd continue just for fun, that's bollox from him tbh he wants to win tournaments.

It was a good victory, but lets be honest he was very lucky, he had a very easy run to the final and tonight Neil should of been out of sight, he turned it on in the latter part of this match but Neil should of been too far gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Some incredibly lucky world class safety shots today from Ronnie to stick in there and then lucky breaks of 90, 80, 77, 77 and 77 to win 5 of the last 6 frames in 35 minutes tonight.

He needs to pack it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

He turned it on when he needed too as he's always capable of doing, but even the commentators said it, Robbo should of been out of sight in the first half of this match, you're ignoring the poor play which there was a lot of all tournament, he didn't really play well all tournament and had a very easy run of matches to the final.

Thought ronnie showed a lot of desire and was just about able to stick to Neil's coattails until he finally found his mojo and was able to pull clear.

The other factor is robbo not stamping his authority on the match despite a bucket load of chances. I thought going 7-5 up might prove decisive but ronnie still found a way back. Neil is a great player no question, bags of ability, but I felt today highlighted the gap between him and the all time greats of the game, he maybe lacks the sheer ruthlessness and killer instinct all those guys have in spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mrunsure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Actually what i was probably watching was the outside uk eurosport broadcast on my laptop so that would explain the pared down set up with Phil Studd on his own. All makes sense now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Ronnie's the greatest and all but Neil has to be a bit embarrassed to lose to a 46 year old.

Advertisement