Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masks the right size for an 11 yo?

Options
  • 13-12-2021 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

There is the new primary school masking policy, and I'm having a hard time finding a workable reusable mask for my 11 yo child (he is in 5th class). He currently uses two disposable masks per day, which is not a very green endeavour for sure.

But all masks we tried so far, some bought in Limerick and others on Amazon, fall into three categories:

• Too big! He's not really adult-sized yet, and an adult-sized mask just does not cover his face snugly at all.
    • Too small! With all child-dized masks, if he opens his mouth, the mask falls off his nose.
    • Too thin! A couple of masks (the Lidl neckscarf-mask and one Amazon face mask) were of a wearable size, but if he blows onto a candle through the mask the candle is immediately blown out. In comparison, for many of the wrong-sized masks it does not happen.

So, what mask can I get for him, so it would fit a preteen/young teen size face (he's somewhat big for age 11) and be thick enough? I can buy anything available in Limerick, and I can buy online if delivery is reasonable. I'm not, however, able to go shopping in Dublin.

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement