Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling fan for laser engraver - urgent query

• 14-12-2021 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Hopefully I have the right forum for this query. I have a FLUX BEAMO laser and the fan has shorted on it. Awful timing as I have a load of orders to do for Christmas. I need to find a replacement fan asap and don't know enough to do a proper search for it.

I have attached some pics of the specs of the fan I am looking for. I will be eternally grateful if someone can help me here. Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Actualy, if you have an old pc laying around, you might already have a fan available :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Yeah looks like standard pc fan.

In terms of getting one quickly, pc world might have them, depending where in country you are might be some other bricks and mortar shop you can get one. Adverts might be good call also, if you don't want to wait for delivery on online order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

If badly stuck for time. Take out fan and point hair dryer in there.

Run it on cold low speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Thanks so much guys. I am nervous about trying a fan with less power in case the laser tube overheats, which will be an entirely different ballgame! I've ordered from the laser company and just have to sweat it out for the next five days. If any of you know someone in the Galway/Mayo/Clare area who would let me come down to them with my files for some lasering - it would be amazing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement