Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Mesh System?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭dam099

I put the Deco S4 (very similar to M4) in my parents place and they are decent enough, I think they are a good balance of price vs performance. Can get up to 400Mbs using wired ethernet backhaul.

They wouldn't be very future proof though and if you weren't going to use wired backhaul a triband system is probably a better (though pricier) bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Yes, I have M4s. I'm not massively technical so my answer might not be that helpful, but I got them to improve the signal in my attic which it did successfully from one placed upstairs (wirelessly). The main on is in the kitchen with an ethernet cable and the other one is in the sitting room (wireless). Coverage is now very consistent and speeds have increased from around 75mbps to n average of about 84. I'm on a 100mbps package from Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Have the slightly newer version of these (X60)and find them fantastic. Just remember you need to use of or them as your router, assuming you can place your providers router into modem mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭heavydawson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Cheers. Ended up getting the m4 deco and set them up today.

Have the tp link router and then the mesh system running in access point mode. Considering my starlink speed is appx 250Mb wired these are very good if I have them connected to the various ethernet ports around the house. Speeds close to that max over wifi.

If the mesh is connected via wifi, speeds much lower at around 100Mb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement