Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone recommend a speciality coffee sample pack?

Options
  • 14-12-2021 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hey,

Thinking of kicking the energy drinks in the new year and replacing it with coffee. Find that the usual instant Nescafé distasteful and bitter. Wondering if there's a sample pack of various speciality coffee?

Prefer not to go full hog into it, so won't be buying any expensive accessories, but there's a french press in the house. Could also look for a drip coffee jug; a few people I know swore by them, but as said, prefer to start off cheap, so would prefer to use the french press.

If it makes any difference, I'd be a Barrys Classic blend tea drinker, 2 sugars with a drop of whole milk. Would leave it stew for a bit, as I'd like it as black as possible before adding milk. Don't find tea to give me the wake-up that I need, though, thus looking at coffee.

Comments

• If you don’t like bitterness too much focus your attention to coffee that’s noted to be sweet in flavour - maybe latte or similar might be more your preference if you’re used to tea with sugar especially. I’m the same as for tea and I prefer latte to espresso or instant coffee etc, only hassle for you there is your either buying the sachets of instant lattes etc, takeaway or a machine. Could prob jerry rig some sort of espresso brewing with the French press or that but you’d prob need an espresso machine and almost certainly a milk frother so.

Advertisement