Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worrying experience with company

Options
  • 15-12-2021 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭

A few days ago I went to a company showroom to purchase a piece of expensive electronic cardio fitness equipment.... looked at it, had read reviews of it and the company - most good, some hmmmm that mostly related to the installers , have another piece of equipment from the same manufacturer purchased elsewhere, extremely satisfied with ... but with this gang, made a deal...awaiting delivery...

the worrying part is I’m just browsing this companies website now and the item purchased, in the photos they have the new version as I saw last week, which came out last year AND the older 10 year old version, both pictured as the same item in the same gallery, they have deliberately placed an iPad over the digital readouts to obscure the older lcd display so you can’t see it or the difference between that and the newer digital one ....

I’m afraid what the fûcks are going to do is turn up with the ten year old version, which is almost identical in body/frame design, just without the updated more modern electronic system....as seen in the show room...

i intend to make a phone call tomorrow with an email of the disparity between the images and differing versions etc and insisting I want the updated version not the antiquated one....

what grounds I got if they try to pawn me off with the older crap...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,383 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The deal was the one in the showroom, if they show up with another tell them you don't want it. Did you pay in full already? How did you make payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I would return to a showroom and make pics of the item you ordered. It can make a later dispute easier, if you had any proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Payment by debit card, in full as their delivery guys don’t take payment... have receipt anyway so will clarify in person, save any ambiguity, disappointment or rage ... thanks

Advertisement