Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldcastle Adventure X off road sportive

Options
  • 15-12-2021 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭

I see this cropping up on my social feeds. 50k seems awfully short to be travelling to, but if it's all off-road then that could be plenty too.

No route details but they do say it's for CX, gravel or MTB bikes so it can't be too gnarly I suppose. - Has anyone done it before? It's a nice excuse to get off the couch on the 29th

https://eventmaster.ie/event/1E6wiwDHeM

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Oldcastle to cyclocross events all the time going by someone I follow in the club on Strava. I'd say they've got it down at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

It’s a brilliant and tough event. Lots of off roads and forest tracks.some tough climbing sections. You’ll have to hop fences and plough through mud and water. Great foodstops and craic. You won’t finish this within 3 hours. You’ll be exhausted. Sting in the tail!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yep I've signed up - similar to what Weepsie has said, since this club know CX very well, this won't be an easy 50km ramble.

Looking forward to it. Will be taking hardtail mtb.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If I can get to it I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭runwithme

Hope a few of you got to our event today. Large numbers out. Muck to the ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sbs2010

I was there. Totally crazy course but good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭pairofpears

That course was hectic. Thanks for organising it.

My only fault with the course was the bit around the lake. Spent way too much time walking the bike due to the rocks and that on the ground. Then again you can't please everyone but I will be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭runwithme

Thanks for the feedback. We are blessed with are area for these kind of events. The event has grown so much over the last few years and we are trying to change it up a bit by adding different sections. I will send on your comments to the route planners. Glad you enjoyed it overall. Hopefully see you next year.

Advertisement