Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footpath from Barry's Cross in Ardnacrusha to Clancys Garage

Options
  • 15-12-2021 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Until recently moving into Ardnacrusha I never noticed how dangerous it was to walk/run from Barry's Cross to Clancy's Garage. There's no footpath except for the bridge itself and there's barely a hard shoulder to talk about, it's probably only a matter of time before there's a bad accident.

Over the last few days I've been contacting all the Clare based TD's and Councillors asking if they could do anything about it. I've gotten a few responses and some have mentioned that this project was looked at it before and was discounted due to cost.

Just wondering if any boardsies on here that might be residents or locals from the area have heard anything about previous efforts to get a path installed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Any luck with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

On the advice of several TD's and Councillors, I got onto the Shannon Municipal Districts office they sent me back the below.

"Dear ******,

Thank you for your email.

In relation to your request for footpaths from Barry’s Cross to Clancy’s Cross, this office has put forward a proposal to the National Transport Authority’s Active Travel Programme to fund a project enhancing existing footpaths and introducing new footpaths from the Ardnacrusha Power station to Clancy’s Cross.

This proposal will be dependent on compatibility with the emerging LSMATS document.

Kind Regards,

Shannon Municipal District

Clare County Council, Town Hall, Shannon, Co. Clare V14 HF20

T:  061 362319  /  E:  shannonmunicipaldistrict@clarecoco.ie  /  W: www.clarecoco.ie "

I contacted the Minister for Transports office and got back a generic response from his secretary.

So if any boardsies from the Ardnacrusha/Parteen/Clonlara area have a spare 10 minutes to write up an email and send it to shannonmunicipaldistrict@clarecoco.ie & minister@transport.gov.ie asking for a path to be installed in the area that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Looks like the Govt have given 100k towards a feasibility study for a continuous footpath from Ardnacrusha to Athlunkard.

So I guess it's one step closer to being done.

Advertisement