Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places in Europe to travel with kids?

Options
  • 15-12-2021 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone. I live in uk. We are planning to have a family trip to somewhere in Europe. What are some countries to travel to with children as I have a 9 year old daughter. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Depends what kind of holiday you want. Beach, city, outdoors, theme parks etc. We always went camping in France when I was growing up and I’ve done the same with my kids. We went to Disneyland Paris on the same trip and I honestly think my kids enjoyed the campsite just as much. My kids were between 5 and 8 last time we went. We went to a campsite with a great pool complex and a kids club and right beside the beach but not near any cities which was fine because we went to Paris for a couple of days separately. We stayed in a tent (one of the big Eurocamp type ones) and rented bikes. They loved the freedom they had in the campsite. Having said that they had each other to play with so it might be different with one. You can have a similar type of holiday in a Spain, Italy and elsewhere in Europe too. Lake Garda area is great. Has a theme park, near Venice, great food etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 trish65

I really appreciate you suggesting different types of holidays and places to visit. we were hoping to take her to Disneyland Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Disneyland in Paris is fantastic, have only gone once with kids who were not mine but love it all the same...Cannot wait to bring our two when I manage to get trackers in them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

god I miss holidays!!! I would literally go anywhere at this stage.

Lalandia in Denmark is great fun for that age, it’s like centerparcs in the uk. Denmark is a gorgeous place to visit in general with children, as are all the Scandinavian countries, very peaceful, lovely welcoming culture. The Lego house is there too, which every adult and child I know absolutely loves. It’s not like legoland in Windsor, which is a bit tired, this is a new modern building, with loads to explore.

France is brilliant with children, we loved exploring the coast of Brittany and Normandy with ours a few years ago. I wasn’t expecting it, but they were amazed with Mont Saint Michel, the world heritage site. I’ve been camping down the west coast as well, those campsites are paradise for kids. There are other theme parks all across France as well apart from Disney. I don’t like the French Disney myself, I got the vibe that the French employees almost despise themselves for working there! We will try to save for the US Disney some day.

Spain, Portugal, Italy , Greece are all beautiful sunny holidays. Would be nice to get some sun on the bones.

Id love to do a canal or bike holiday in the Netherlands with older children some day.

Germany, Austria, Switzerland are all places I’d like to take the family too, so beautiful, great places to camp. The bakeries there are unbelievable. And sausages! I love that style of food too in those countries. Less ornate than the French, more appealing to kids.

And then there’s Eastern Europe, Ryanair flights are pennies to get there, the coastlines look stunning. I’d love to get there too.

Someone bring me on holiday!!!

Advertisement