Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV

Options
  • 15-12-2021 2:41pm

Hi,

Anyone using this. What do you think?

I have a Samsung TV, looks like there is an APP for it, anyone else using an APP or just using the stick?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭blue note

I use the app. It's annoying that you have to keep on cancelling and signing back up to get the deal price. And it's not as good as sky through the dish - you can't pause or rewind. And you can't tape things which is very annoying. I got caught out with the formula 1 a heap of times this year where I wasn't in to watch it and found out the result before I got to see it. They put it onto on demand, but that can be as late as Wednesday when the race was on Sunday. Also - you can't use the red button. So I wanted to watch Seamus Power the other week when he was going well, but they had an LPGA event on instead. That was annoying.

But, for €20 a month I get the F1 and the golf. And the GAA - sky showed the matches, but you can't watch RTE live through the player on the TV app (we don't have a TV package / saorview). It was handier to turn on sky than to stream from my tablet and cast to the tv from that. They also have soccer, but I don't think I watched any soccer matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I used the app on a Samsung TV, its very handy. Yeah there's some negatives to Now TV, but well worth getting a trial and using the TV app and seeing how you like it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I got it for the Ryder Cup, quality of picture pretty poor on larger sized screens

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement