Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Fault ?

Options
  • 16-12-2021 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

When printing on an Epson Expression XP 630 printer I got a message stating: "The Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable" I still use this printer because it prints directly on to CD/DVD disks. Todate I have been unable to find a printer that prints CD/DVDs as it seems it is an old way of doing things, so I have to keep the XP.

Does anyone know what the message means, is it a printer problem or a Desktop problem? I run Windows 7 on an HP, soon to upgrade to a new Dell. The various retails I spoken to have just suggested to uninstall and reinstall the Epson drivers but this is the first and most obvious thing I did several times when then problem surfaced. To be frank, they just don't seem to know what it is and give me a load of misinformation. I have even spent money on several sites where they claim to be able to fix everything but I got answers such as the one mentioned above and "This is a tricky one, you need to take out an annual subscription". On the net there are YouTube tutorials but as the problem seems to be on several different MS operating systems from Millennium to Win 8, with each one showing different screens etc compared to what actually appears in my version, it is different to find a way through.

Any information or help would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Even Win7 has troubleshooter for printer issues.

Try install driver downloaded directly from Epson, manually ," Have Disk" option

https://www.epson.co.uk/support?productID=15971&os=22#drivers_and_manuals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Any luck there?

BTW, what way printer is connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gleisweiler

(smuggler.ie)

Sorry for the late reply but health issues caused it. Thank you for your replies, but laptops are not allowed in hospitals just now, hence the reason for my late reply. Not Covid I'm happy to say.

I have two printers: An Epson Expression XP-630 that I need to print directly on DVD printable disks. Unfortunately I can't find a replacement and I'm told by dealers that they are not made anymore. However during my hospital stay I did manage to have an IT guy (my nephew who lives a long long way away) pop in and look at it. He cured the fault by doing exactly as you said i.e. downloaded the Epson drivers etc but found there was a conflict with a file, which he corrected. It is be okay at the moment.

The second printer, An Epson Workforce WF-2830, I bought on line and had delivered during my hospital stay. I bought this with the intention of replacing the XP 630 and use Flash Drives to replace the DVD printables but things changed when the XP 630 worked again. I don't like the WF as I find it clumsy, fiddly to set up and not so friendly to use as the XP 630, so my son was delighted when he got it as another present at Christmas.

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. I wish you a very happy New Year and all good health for 2022

gleisweiler

Advertisement