Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My study log! 2021/22

Options
  • 16-12-2021 2:56pm

I’m unmotivated and I’ve not started an ounce of revision yet. It doesn’t help that we didn’t even have Christmas tests this year… my next exams will be the mocks and I promised myself that I would make some effort for that at the beginning of the year. I have an awful habit of leaving things to the last minute but for my Leaving Cert that just isn’t acceptable.

Maybe this will force me to do exactly that, and make a consistent effort to study. But for now, I’m about to go into Biology so the studying can wait a few more hours.

Until then…

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

This evening I mainly focused on biology, chemistry and HPAT practise.

• in the case of biology I completed a set of flashcards on plant reproduction, and went through it.

• chemistry I went over oxidation and reduction, went over some reactions but unfortunately couldn’t get to revising the experiments.

• I fitted in some well needed HPAT practise. I have Med3ntry (edit; for some reason it censored?), but I’m struggling getting around to practising. The drills and guides are definitely worth it, but only when they are used together. I’ve been doing practise exams every week, started 2 weeks ago as I started the prep pretty late, but the results from my second exam were actually worse than the first. I quickly came to the conclusion that it was due to just flicking through the guides after a days work for the week, unlike the week prior where I also incorporated practise. So now I’m mainly concentrating on drills.

As a whole, I’m not happy with my work. It’s early yet, but I definitely feel like I am working at sluggish levels compared to the absolute volume we are expected to know by June. I’m nervous, to say the least. But baby steps are still better than nothing at all, so hopefully once I get into routine things will get easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JohnnyIreland

message me if you want my H1 LC grind notes :)

Advertisement