Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Medical question

Options
  • 16-12-2021 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

I’m new here so not sure if I’ve posted this correctly!

I’m looking some information (if anybody has some) about the colour vision test that is done during the medical. I have a slight colour blindness and worried this could cause a waste of hard work trying to get to that point! Does anybody know what test they use?

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Hey, I don’t know for sure because I haven’t gotten that far before but the standard colour test is the Ishihara Test (coloured dots making up numbers). There are websites like Enchroma that have the tests and will give you an idea (not a diagnosis) of where you are. PSNI website states that severe colour deficiencies are not allowed so technically speaking if you have a mild/moderate colour deficiency you should be okay but it’s down to what OH define as severe

Advertisement