Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeopathy

Options
  • 16-12-2021 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried going down this road? I'd like to hear people's experiences. Is it legit or pseudo medicine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It is absolute nonsense in every single way.

It's water, or sugar pills. Nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭LillyIsland

Disagree with the poster above, probably has never tried homeopathy themselves even though they'll likely reply saying that they have... I think homeopathy is great and worth trying in this case, it's helped me and others a lot over the years.

There's research that proves it's effectiveness too... here's something I found after a quick search... https://www.thieme-connect.de/products/ejournals/abstract/10.1055/s-0041-1732352 big pharma don't want competitors, so the "it's just water and sugar" narrative is working well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Back Home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

It’s a placebo effect, if it works for you great but you are getting nothing other than sugar and water…you’ve got to believe…faith based. It’s complete nonsense, but so is acupuncture and people still get it done. Go figure.

The research is discredited nonsense. The journal it is published in has zero standing and anyway, the research was in dogs. I don't think you even read the abstract.

If you got any benefit from homeopathy, it was placebo and nothing else. It does not work, it cannot work, and there are actual centuries of research proving this.

Please stop trying to convince people to waste their time with nonsense.

• Advertisement

If you read the abstract linked above you'll see that the entire test is invalid / rigged to begin with - the control groups are not actually given a placebo but a product which could have some affect; and in a manner which would be difficult to blind properly.

Outright bad science is required to even try make homeopathy seem effective. In dogs.

Advertisement