Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Race Thread 2022 **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Highlights there including the interview. Didn’t hide the fact he was disappointed to miss the Giro

https://youtu.be/N23nyobLUpY

Was wondering why the interviewer was asking him about crashes when I watched the finish and interview earlier today. Jesus Eddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Eddie down to start the Criterium de Dauphine & La Route d'Occitanie in June..... 🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 38,215 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd imagine tomorrow will be Mathieu's day, finish looks perfect for him to get away and it's after a rest day.

One from France yesterday, these races there have been great this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Tim Merlier to Quickstep for next year replacing Cavendish being announced as a done deal.

Decent racing in Burgos this week. Can't believe that was Mavi Garcia's first World Tour win there today, thought she'd won way more than she has.

Not sure whats going on with Sam in Germany, Nils Politt and Van Poppel are 30 seconds off the front with a DSM rider. 44km to go.

EDIT: Looks like Sam with Mullen and another Bora rider sitting on in a chasing group.

Ellen Van Dijk starting her hour record attempt now.

Looks like she is smashing it, half way through and nearly 40s up

• Advertisement

Chapeau!!! Delighted for her.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Wacthing stage 1 of the tour of norway yesterday (once eurosport sorted out their stream) I was thinking well Remco can't win this one. It's a punchy finish. Good chance for Healy maybe but no Remco takes it despite taking a toilet break 10k out. Guy never fails to surprise.

Yesterday was brutal in the Giro. Almeida is just so full of will to win. He must have been in the red for at least an hour but lost very little time.

Another brutal stage today, if Almeida survives it he has one more brutal one to survive and with his TT skills he can win it.

Looks like the breakaway might stay away today. They have three minutes on the peloton as I type, I think that might go out a bit more over the first real climb if the day unless Bora decide to make it a tough day for the GC contenders.

It's a big break, 27 riders I think. I'missing one or two I think.

Nicolas Prodhomme, Felix Gall (AG2R Citroën), Mathieu van der Poel (Alpecin-Fenix), David de la Cruz (Asata-Qazaqstan), Santiago Buitrago (Bahrain Victorious), Filippo Zana, Luca Covili (Bardiani-CSF-Faizanè), Damien Howson (BikeExchange-Jayco), Guillaume Martin (Cofidis), Simone Ravanelli (Drone Hopper-Androni Giocattoli), Diego Camargo, Hugh Carthy (EF Education-EasyPost), Lorenzo Fortunato, Diego Rosa (Eolo-Kometa), Attila Valter (Groupama-FDJ), Jan Hirt, Rein Taaramäe (Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert), Koen Bouwman, Gijs Leemreize, Sam Oomen (Jumbo-Visma), Antonio Pedrero (Movistar), Mauri Vansevenant (QuickStep-AlphaVinyl), Thymen Arensman (Team DSM), Giulio Ciccone (Trek-Segafredo), Alessandro Covi (UAE Team Emirates)

@eagle eye there's individual stage threads for the Giro

Didn't realise that, thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Strong ride from Remco yesterday in Norway. I think he should go to the tour. Especially if Alaphillipe can't.

Spectacular scenery in Norway. The climb yesterday, the tundra with the splits the day before, passing the waterfall on the first or second day was unreal.

The Arctic race that is run in the far north of Norway in August is pretty incredible as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,729 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ben Healey up the road in Norway with 1min 10 and 25k to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,729 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Was the Giro really good today and worth watching or the same as last few weeks ?

Would appreciate a PM as I can't decide do I check the results or watch when I get home.

@breezy1985 yeah watch it .

Come on Ben!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Watched on my phone during halftime of the rugby. So close. Fair play to him. EF seem to give him plenty of scope to get up the road. I feel a nice win is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,729 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I did. Thanks for that.

Paris helped too by delaying the soccer for me.

Healy in the break again today in Norway, and its another rolling circuit finish...

Big news of the weekend was me winning the boards velogames league IMO 😂

Team carried by Hindley, Carapaz and Landa with solid contributions from MVDP and Grimay.

It was all over before the final TT Dodge just like the Giro itself.

Decent ride for Froome today and some much needed points for Israel courtesy of Fuglsang and Woods. Plenty of talk about the relegation system and the points. It occurs to me though that if getting into the world tour next year guarantees you that status for 3 years (last I heard that was the case) then making the points that much higher for world tour races versus 1.1 and 1.pro etc. surely would give the world tour teams too much of an advantage over those 3 years. Both Israel and EF are facing relegation which would be a significant blow for teams like that so a lot of pressure for the rest of the season.

Good article yesterday about the relegation fight. EF had a huge buffer coming into the year but don’t look to have targeted smaller races to get the points like others. Obviously long way to go this year too

https://lanternerouge.com.au/2022/05/30/education-first-flounder-as-lotto-approach-salvation-relegation-battle/

• Advertisement

Yeah surprised by Froom today, job done and dropped with about 12km to I think it was, as good as he's been in the last few years.

Advertisement