Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housemate left things behind

Options
  • 17-12-2021 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Received a message a couple of weeks ago saying housemate moved out and that they will call over to collect their things the week after.

They never called over to collect their things. They're still paid up for rent anyways for a few more days anyways.

They don't seem to be too bothered collecting their things and they still have a key.

So what do we do? I don't like the idea how they have a key and thinks they can keep their things here without having to pay rent because they said they moved out. Am I correct in saying that they should be continuing to pay rent as long as they have a key and their things still in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭spakman

They are still paid up, so you can't complain - yet.

You could ring/text and ask them to collect their things by X date because you have someone lined up to move in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

This is not some random stranger it's somebody you know so I wouldn't be freaking out. Text them saying you need to relet their room and can they collect their things this weekend and return the key so you can give it to the next person.

Advertisement