Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting/flagging a post

Options
  • 18-12-2021 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

Something I've noticed is that posts that would usually quickly get removed/warned/carded etc before the site move no longer or at least rarely ever get actioned anymore. I'm just wondering if this is a different approach or if there is something up with the flag function?

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If this is specific to the Coronavirus forum then the only thing that has changed is there are currently only 2 of us actively modding that forum, we both also deal with CA. We get to all reports but perhaps not as quickly as it may have been prior to the changeover due to the lack of cover. Drop me or Ten of Swords a PM if you require clarification on any specific reports across those two forums.

I cannot speak for other forums other than to say we are significantly down on active mods since the changeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭amandstu

Where can I see the moderation policy for boards?

And why are boards down on active mods? How do they get chosen?

On another forum I am on mods got elected by the membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Thanks a million for the reply. I've noticed it across several forums to be honest. It's making the site difficult to use to be honest as threads vere off topic/ get incessantly trolled etc over and over again. It's such a pity as boards was a brilliant site but it's usability is hugely compromised now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Can someone please confirm where the current signature rules are, and how to report an offending signature? I've tried reporting a particular post, but got no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,206 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Probably best to PM @Beasty as he seems to be the most active Admin/CMod (not sure which).

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Rules are set out here:

https://www.boards.ie/categories/signatures

Unfortunately unlike the old platform there is no automatic way to alert us. Equally unfortunately we do not have the power to do anything with them at Admin level at this stage. It's only something that the office can deal with at present

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Site is significantly down in everything since the changeovers…

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thanks for getting back to me. That page isn't visible to me unfortunately.

Maybe @Boards.ie: Niamh can advise what is the procedure for reporting offending signatures?

Apologies for that access issue. The way that forum used to work was everyone could see the OP, but then whenever a signature was reported it created a new thread that only the OP and Admins could see. Looks Like it's only Admins now. However I set out the narrative below:

• All signatures should not exceed the following size limits:Text: Including horizontal spaces - 4 lines normal size (font size 2) OR 8 lines small size (font size 1). Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the tags. Carriage returns/new lines are a separate line, so if your sig has three lines of text separated by two spacer lines - that's 5 lines.
    • Images: Images totalling up to 500 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 30k in size. No animated images are allowed.
    • Sigs may contain a simple text only link to other websites (i.e. www.mysite.com - no images), but advertising for a business is not allowed, nor is a disguised link (i.e. Come buy really cheap electronics here, we're having a huge sale, come on down!).

Any sigs containing, or linking to, profanity, bigotry, racism, malware, or any other content that might be considered offensive by others will be removed and the member may be infracted or banned.

Note: for new members, you will not be able to create a signature until you have 25 posts. Please don't spam to hit this target, it'll just result in your posts being deleted.

As with a lot of Boards.ie guidelines, these things are at the discretion of the Admins and Mods who look after this area of the site. If a sig is a few bytes over it's limit, it may be let slide, however, we have the means to limit the size (in pixels) of a sig as it's displayed on a page, so scroll-bars will appear around it if your sig is to big.

If your sig has been snipped and you're not sure why, please start a new thread on this forum to ask and remember to be polite.

Advertisement