Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken controller switch

Options
  • 18-12-2021 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭

The wire going into a controller switch for a set of outdoor Christmas lights has snapped . The controller is on/off and the usual assortment of 1million light flickers I never use. It’s a molded sealed box and impossible to rewire . I was just going to remove the box altogether and connect the wires together.. I have an isolation switch for the outdoor socket that I can use to control it.

Does the red switch wire get connected to the live wires ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Need more info.

Some of these in-line devices are also power-supplies. Are you sure that the LED input voltage is the same as what is coming into the box? Also bear in mind that many LED sets power LED's on a 50% or 75% duty-cycle, so if you power it directly from the power-supply you may find that they run brighter, hotter etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Thanks

good point. This is the back and front of the controller box. I have a separate transformer before this

Post edited by Citizenpain on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

figured it out …all good

Advertisement