Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Tv New Apple Box

Options
  • 18-12-2021 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI, As you know Eir TV will be switching from old multi-room eir boxes to the new apple boxes, we have recently just got the new apple box up and running. Our line is only able for 18mb speed, out of that 18mb we get 16-17mb speed.

Before installing the new apple boxes we were able to run 3 gaming pc's and tv with no problems at all. With the new apple box we have to pick, watch TV or Game on the pc's. The BIG PROBLEM is that the "EirTV App" is sucking the bandwidth by 12mb bringing our speeds down to 5mb making gaming absolutely impossible to play. Use two apple tv boxes LOL well you can do the math. (watch one tv at a time)

I was told by Eir to delete the APP EirTV from the apple box (list of apps) to see if this fix's the problem, (lol what!!!) I deleted it and the speed went back up to 15mb , now we can't watch the tv channels that we are paying for.

So, if you want to game on your pc, delete the EirTV APP and game, if you want to watch your tv , re-install the EirTV APP again but NO GAMING LOL.

Eir technician told me , there is nothing I can do, the technician was shocked. Eir costumer services told to try Vodafone or Virgin TV .... WOW!!! Eir telling to go elsewhere.

Eir told us that super fast high speed broadband will be with us before Dec 2026.

Must be once again all about "MONEY" Eir teaming up with apple.

Bottom line: No one can help , no one can fix it. (unless we have highspeed broadband)

Advertisement