Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mountain bike issue

Options
  • 19-12-2021 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking for some help if possible and my apologies if this is not the correct place to ask the question.

My son has a Carrera vengeance mountain bike with a shinano altus derailer. I have no clue about bikes so i thought i would ask here.

the issue he has is if he is cycling forward the bike is fine but if he even starts to back pedal the chain goes slack and the derailer moves towards the pedals. It seems to cycle and change gears fine. I can not see what is causing this.

Could anyone shed any light on what i need to do?

any help is greatly appreciated.

regards

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

The Bike is not freewheeling smoothly...sounds like the bearings on the cassette or freewheel (whichever that bike has) are stiff.

Advertisement