Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny stuff written in the jacks

• 19-12-2021 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭

One thing ye'd miss about the pub is the jokes written in the gents. One i always laugh at

Written in blue ink: If you are gay, meet me here at 12pm.

Below, Written in black: I'm here every day, but you never show!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Traditionally, our local has a little bit of mistletoe taped above the gloryhole. You’d miss festive touches like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

“ toilet tennis”

” look left”. Written on the door.

”look right” on the left wall and “look left” on the opposite wall!

Got me lovely that did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭black & white

Early 80’s in the jax of a factory in Clare with a good few Belfast lads working there ’Support your local friendly Active Service Unit’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

LOLOAQICI82QB4IP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

In the now closed The Field pub in Cambridge Massachusetts.

Beside the condom machine.

"For refund, insert baby"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Flush twice - it's a long way to the restaurant (Old Students Bar in UCD)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bigmac3

This site is like a bowl of soup, full of big thick country vegetables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

"Up the continuinties..."

Up the contuniunieis..."

"Ah **** it , Up the RA."

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭horsebox1977

Edenmore AOK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Problems?? Prayer works wonders, Prayer works miracles - St Francis

I spotted this written in a few different pub toilets in Limerick approx 20 plus years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

There was a cafe called Harlequins in Cork off Paul St in the 90s. I remember someone wrote in the toilets "**** students ye all deserve to get mugged".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

"Louis Walsh fisted Stephen Gately to death" in a pub in town.

Not necessarily funny but memorable/bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Anyone interested in time travel?

Meet me here last Wednesday at half 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

Can't remember the pub but I went to the bog for a piss. Stood at the urinal and pulled out the mickey and proceeded to drain. Looked up and on the wall in front of me was written "The joke is in your hands."

Yeah, thanks for that, mate.

In the mens jacks in UCC for years there was a sticker of Ronald Mcdonald stuck on the wall of one of the cubicles and written on it in biro "dirty bastard molests children".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭thefallingman

No shooting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭mailforkev

“Here I sit all broken hearted, paid 10p and only farted.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭black & white

Can't remember where but years ago in pub jax cubicle, some writing on the wall down near the floor, written at an angle said;

You are now sh**ting at an angle of 45 Degrees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Seen in NY

Workers of the world unite

Black men of the world unite

Dyslexics of the world untie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

UCD, 1980s, back when we had to content with sheets of grease proof paper for bog roll

UCD toilet paper is like John Wayne

It's rough, it’s tough and it takes **** from nobody!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Circa 1990

Jesus saves!

Not as good as Bonner

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭the 12 th man

Near the bottom of the door with a small gap at the bottom of the door in a cubicle and you only see it if you're sitting on the jacks,,"Beware the Limbo dancers"..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• God is dead -  Nietzsche 
    •  Nietzsche  is dead - God

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ecospace

In a jacks on a site in Dublin... "Some come here to sit and think, others come here to **** and stink, but I come here to scratch my balls and read the bullshit on the walls."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Not funny amusing, but funny odd. I was passing through Cologne on the 80s and had breakfast in a cafe not too far from the station. I went to the bog and on the back of cubicle door was an entire paragraph As Gaelige, a rant on the limitations of West Germany. That was unexpected, I had been behind the Iron Curtain for 5 weeks and had not seen a single word of Irish anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭daithi7

On the back of a door in the men's jacks in college

"Jacinta, if you're reading this, it's all off!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭daithi7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭StevenToast

A story from back in an all boys secondary school in the 90s......... one lucky 6th year by the name of 'Keogh' hooked up with a girl from the nearby convent and met during lunch to get the 'shift'.......he fancied abit more so he proceeded to drop the hand.....it was his first time and he wasnt well versed in the anatomy of the female body....... lets just say he was sticking fingers where he shouldn't have been sticking them!!!....suffice to say that this didnt go down well with the girl and she went straight back to her friends to let them know about poor aul Keogh....

Anyway, it didnt take long for word to eventually get back to Keoghs buddies....

The next day every jax in the school had:

"KIT KAT KEOGH, THE KLINKER TINKER"

plastered everywhere in tippex followed by crude drawings of 4 fingers🖖...it was the talk of the school for weeks!!!!

The school janitors heart was broken from the clean up!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

Written on the door of a cubicle of a men's in a student Nightclub in the 90s:

"This is the ladies toilet you drunk pervert".

Now it was actually the men's but the number of confused drunk first years who came hurriedly out of the toilet and then tried to figure out where to go to finish their **** was very entertaining to drunk 2nd years.

• Advertisement

Oddly similar experience in Budapest train station in the 00s. It was when Limerick was starting to make the news over gangland feuds. While queuing for my ticket I spotted scratched into the wooden counter "Keanes R rats" and the name of some other prominent scumbag family involved in the feud that I cant remember, dont think it was the Dundons. It was pretty strange to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Somebody wrote “gok gok” in sh1t on the jax wall in Eamon dorans in the mid 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Rael

DCU, 1998-2003, 3rd floor of the Computer Applications Building, one of the toilet roll dispensers had an arrow pointing towards the hanging sheets with the words "UCD Arts Degree. Feel free to take one" written on it. Still make me chuckle 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

The Yacht pub Clontarf, Circa late nineties. There was a urinal that had a wooden box built around it (presumably to stop the inebriate pissing in a broken urinal) and someone had written in big black marker "tomb of the unknown plumber, play the pipes slowly..." always cracked me up.

Also "pray for twink" written in the same Jacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

"For a good time call Veryangryman 555-post1"

Advertisement