Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco (Xbox) Gift Card Issue

• 19-12-2021 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar scenario.

I bought two Xbox gift cards in Tesco last week. I should’ve bought PlayStation cards as that’s what my nephews have. When I realised my error a few days later I rang Tesco Customer services, advised error in gift card, I can’t find receipt but I used my debit card and my club card. Was advised that’s fine no problem they can find my receipt through my card and issue refund.

I went back to the store and to customer services. Was looked at like I had 10 heads when I advised of telephone discussion with their customer services team. Was advised money goes straight to card provider (Xbox/ Microsoft) they can’t do anything. Left very upset and went on website which advised of I bought the card through Tesco they have to deal with issue.

I emailed their customer service team, 3 days later no response. I Facebook messaged the Tesco Ireland Team today and got a one line response from a customer care agent who obviously did not care one bit advising unfortunately you need to speak to the provider (Xbox). I queried can they give me contact details and was advised no they don’t have them??? Surely that is incorrect..if they are selling on behalf of a company they should have some sort of contact?

No one advised at time of purchase tesco have no dealings with these after purchase. If I bought something in their store I’d expect them to at least facilitate my query.

Has anyone had a similar scenario?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

There's no entitlement whatsoever to a refund or exchange where you have made an error.

They sell on behalf of the various services and get a small commission.

They are correct to say it's not their issue.

If there was an issue with using the card, it would be their issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

Clearly not a Tesco issue, they supplied the product as described. you have effectively a change of mind scenario. No 'right to return' exists.

You seem to think you have zero responsibility here in this scenario. Don't you acknowledge its your error?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,428 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not only is there no right to a refund here, absolutely nowhere will ever do change of mind on vouchers because people will try return used ones.

Sell them on adverts.

Advertisement