Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee skatepark

Options
  • 20-12-2021 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Bd13

"Tralee skatepark is inevitable in the next year. The town council are keen to finally build one.

I have had 2 meetings with a town Councillor in the last month inspecting various sites around town. We had initially decided on the Wetlands Center and I had done a few drawings for them. It would have been a 1000sqm site. Concrete with a bowl and the rest will be street plaza - banks, rails and ledges.

But now we have to move it to a different site in the Tralee Sports Complex. Here is the site

Type in you browser: google"put a dot here"ie/maps/@52.2717408,-9.6924108,50m/data=!3m1!1e3

The site for the park is "L" shaped from the edge of the carpark to inline with the end of the astro turf pitch. So it's one rectangle that's about 600sqm and a smaller side piece that is about 200sqm.

It's still concrete and will still have a bowl hopefully with a spine in it. The rest is street.

So I'm confident that the park will be built sooner rather than later and I'm in contact with one of the Councillors who has been visiting the parks in Cork and limerick and has a good idea of what needs to be done.

Main question to any one interested is what would a good design be for an "L" shaped park. I was thinking maybe at the corner the L have it be a raised platform with banks pointing into each side. There could be a stair set of it too and some ledges. And then some flat rails and ledges with the bowl at the large side with more street and smaller banks on the small side of the park.

Any ideas tell me here and I'll pass them on and if anyone with better knowledge of the town has a better idea for a site tell me that too".

ANY LATEST NEWS Bd13

Advertisement