Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POTW 600: 13/11/21 - 19/11/21

• 20-12-2021 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

Goldfinch8

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Portlawslim

GBX

NEW WAVE

sryanbruen

CONGRATULATIONS Goldfinch8

Can you give us some information on the winning shot?

WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Thank you Myksyk for all the work that you put into this.

Also, thank you all for your votes and a big thank you to those who regularly submit such beautiful images into what I think is one of the nicest threads on boards to pop into.

I am both chuffed and humbled that my photo emerged as a winner. Well done to the HMs also. Just to be picked among those other wonderful images was a thrill enough for me.

I am a complete novice but I do like taking pictures and I love viewing the work of others. My equipment was the camera on my inexpensive Samsung smartphone but I do hope to get a camera at some stage in the near future. It is hard to know where to start as a beginner so that is why I appreciate how freely some of the photographers on this site make known the equipment they use for some of their stunning captures.

As for my own shot itself, I was lucky that I could take it in my own back garden. I planted a small little wood down the end of it and the leaves in the picture were a lovely mix of the purple and red tinged leaves of a dark leaved cherry blossom tree in full autumn glory mixed with the eye catching yellows of the leaves from a field maple. A mild autumn combined with much less wind than normal here in the west of Ireland ensured that there was actually quite a nice and balanced leaf fall in my own garden this year. The leaves lay like colourful confetti on a path that I have through the wood. In fact, one of my favourite parts of the picture is the more muted purple tones on the underside of the cherry blossom leaves.

The colourful autumn path in the garden that provided me with my shot.

Advertisement