Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting a Wattbike Atom ?

Options
  • 20-12-2021 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone know if you’d fit one in a boot (Volvo V50 estate) ? I know they’re v heavy but if able to lift, has anyone had one in a similar car or know, thanks?

Comments

weigh 40kg and dimensions  100cm(l), 50cm(w), 112cm(h) (saddle and handlebars at the lowest point) so should be able to fit it into a car

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Thanks, yes so my boot is 70cm high and 100cm or so wide, so on its side at an angle I’m imagining it’ll go in, just don’t want to waste a decent road trip so checking if anyone has done it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Londonirish72

The handlebars and sadde can be removed I think. You'll want to remove the pedals too but otherwise it should fit into the boot of an estate car.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Thanks a lot!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Out of interest where did you pick it up? I was looking for one recently and couldn’t find one for sale in time for Christmas

• Advertisement
Advertisement