Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It’s madness, they must have unbelievable self belief to think they’d buck the trend. Keep your head down and let the fools talk themselves out early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think it can be tough to avoid sometimes, and Siucre will be on to you.

"Exclamation Mark, this was a digital marketing task and you run your own digital marketing company, why didn't you step up?".

And at the bit where the teams select the leader (which we only see a fraction of) I'm sure there's plenty of "this seems to be in your area, I'd say you'd be great at it. And we'd 100% have your back".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Both teams did a sh*te job. Bodes well for the entertainment factor this season. 🙂

I miss Claude though... wishing him a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Oh I totally agree that if it's your field, you're between a rock and a hard place on being the PM but it's the non-PMs who should really keep their heads down until episode 3. Nobody wins it in the first week and the reality is that there are too many there to stand out.

Salmocab is spot on that it's an unmeasured self beliefnand arrogance that these people must have to agitate in week one, which in fairness you could see when he was fired, saying in the cab that he'll be in the Fortune 500 in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

saw him (Harry) on the aftershow and he seemed ok to be fair. Don’t see him making Fortune 500 with his Bath Bomb business though 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Great to have it back, never fails to put a smile on my face. The unbelievable overconfidence/naivety of most of the contestants never seems to change from one series to the next. I could understand why Harry went, if he had of kept his mouth shut he would still be there. You could see Lord Sugar getting more and more frustrated with him every time he started speaking. All things being equal Akeem should have gone. I reckon the nutty professor with the yellow jumper won't last too long but in fairness there looked like plenty of candidates who will do well to survive the first few weeks. What happened Claude?

Claude had a very serious cycling accident.

While cycling near his home he came off his bike in some accident and severely injured his right leg to the point where doctors were ready to amputate but they held off and were able to save it at the hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Was the Irish lad trying to do Conor McGregor look?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Niall_76

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I could certainly not be definitive in answering that.

I still don’t know what they meant by it.

It means.... bouji.

Like... when you feel.... bouji.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The closest accepted meaning is bourgeoisie, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what they were trying to convey.

It looks like they've created their own meaning now.

http://bouji.urbanup.com/6068800

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

It’s from American slang, misspelled,

Boujee is more widely used in black slang to describe someone who has made their own wealth out of a poorer upbringing, likes a lavish lifestyle, but is still connected to their roots “in the hood.””

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/boujee/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I lost interest in The Apprentice a few years ago. But I started back with it last week - think we need something amusing in January with their overconfidence, bless them.

It always seems like such a car crash though - I get that it's entertainment but I'd love to have an episode where you go wow they did a really good job there.

I’d hate that, I enjoy thinking what a bunch of tools.

generally it takes a few weeks for them to hit their stride and work out how to play the game, I also think early on there are too many people involved trying to be noticed and the task ends up as a camel.

10 minutes in and I’m calling this for the girls again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

The ‘I’d have done it differently’ and ‘I said I didn’t like it from the start’ brigade is very evident this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

That was a bad decision by Sugar for the second week running.. Made no sense at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Neewollah

2 terrible firings from the Sugar Monster. Thought Conor had a bit about him and could have gone far in it. Definitely in the top 2 or 3 on the mens side anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Two weeks . . Two turds.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

Yep. Awful decision again. Conor wasn't great but Aaron was the drizzling shïts. The product design was abysmal and his pitching was rubbish.

Always leads me back to thinking that the business plans that he scans over come into play too in his decision making.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭McFly85

“I hate everything about your product”

”Ok then we can change the whole thing”

”Great I’ll take 10000”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭McFly85

The whole episode was a joke, really.

The girls got the brief wrong, said they could change it and got a rake of orders. What was the point of doing the whole thing then?

The boys designed sh*t on a stick but it was the non gender neutral app that foiled them apparently. I can’t believe any actual retailer would even care that much about the app. If they had a good looking product on the shelf then anything else is a bonus.

I still enjoy the apprentice but every year it feel a bit less authentic(more and more contestants are in it for the exposure and it feels like they know the business plans they want at the very start).

Ah well, there’s still plenty of them in there I can’t wait to see completely balls things up!

Yeah I thought the ordering was nonsense. I suppose they do it like it’s a score but they wouldn’t have bought either product in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Aaron should have been fired, Conor was probably fired because he deviated from the instruction to keep it gender neutral and he said he had app experience but the app they produced was rubbish, as well as a stupid name Wiffy.

I was almost expecting them both to be fired.

How nobody said the wand looked like a turd and nobody said Wiffy is a stupid name, they are morons or else they were setting traps.

he said a few times something about the grip being personalised or something and it sounded like he meant fitted for the individual hand when he meant it was formed for fingers. It was also the widest wand I’ve ever seen, maybe it was hagrids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I hope that we're not in for an entire season of them pitching to 'judges' due to Covid. The best tasks are generally when they're out in the wild selling to the public.

Advertisement