Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yeah I thought the V0dify marketing was good too.

I would have sacked Navid too though and given Sophie another chance, as is what happened. I thought Navid way out of his depth, I don't even know how he ever thought he was cut out for The Apprentice at all. A little bit delusional about himself maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

^^^^ "A little bit delusional about himself maybe."

This describes every single contestant in the history of the show. And it's been all the better for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Anyone preoared to make an early prediction on who the winner might be?

They all seem to be a hopeless bunch so far but I suppose its early days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I think the tall blonde fella. Don’t know the names. He hasn’t done much but I noticed him a couple of times saying something smart or on the money. Although it’s a lottery and the business plan is too big a thing.

alex is his name I just heard it and he’s captain this week so I’ll quickly be shown up to be wrong.

I think this is going very badly for my prediction above. Very bad indeed.

• Advertisement

Well I really showed up my psychic skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Alex really ballsed up there but Ache was also lucky not to go, suprised he didnt fire both of them given the shambles that it was.

I enjoyed that episode much more that the first two, its a much better program when they are out and about in public doing a task rather than the other type of produce a product, ad and pitch it to some corporate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

At the start of each episode we see the house in darkness and the voice over says something like "4.30 a.m......". We see one of the contestants answering and being told the task and that the cars will be at the house in 30 minutes. It looks to me that the drivers of said cars are in for a seriously long wait because it's always daylight when the contestants finally get into the cars.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Week 4 and I still barely know any of their names, but Francesca seems to be the brightest one among them so far. Which likely means her business plan is shíte and she'll be first out in the final 5 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Plenty of dead fish being pulled from the sea there pretending that they caught them with the rod.

• Advertisement

I think Lord Sugar was disappointed that the American woman was not brought back into the boardroom. But at the end of the day it was a serious mess up forgetting to mention the crab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Surprised they said it was one of the worst ever performances, least they made a profit. Askhi(spelling) is an awful dope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Catherine and Francesca are my 2 winners anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

First week where the person actually at fault bit the bullet which is good to see. Alex just looked lost at sea (pardon for the pun) for the entirety of the task.

I know those boardroom scenes are edited down but Alex's boardroom strategy was appalling. Didn't criticise Akshay for changing the dish which cost them sales and didn't criticise Kathryn for the stupidity on the garnish (albeit that being a minor mistake in the grand scheme). He was never going to survive with "yeah, but you went along with me".

Akshay is an absolute spoofer though and I'd say he's gone next time he's in the bottom three.

One thing I detest in the show is when they're picking the project manager and the snakes start suggesting others. As others said, I feel like Lord Sugar would have taken her to task for that had she been in the bottom three (which he was expecting).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

edit: Stephanie Affleck

As said earlier, I haven't watched this for years. I note the boardroom isn't as intense as it used to be. Sugar is coming out with all these cringy jokes that makes the whole boardroom firing scene a bit too lighthearted.

edit reason: copy and pasted wrong name lol

Post edited by AllForIt on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hes been doing the cringy jokes and puns for years now. You can see them a mile coming too.

You're right though, compared to the early years, he's a soft touch these days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Got to love those original team names. Infinity and Diverse. Be quicker trying to remember a series where one of those wasn't used. Not sure I understand people saying he should have brought in the American girl (Amy?). Just to say she made him become Project Leader? Sugar was critical of her pushing him into it but who really looks worse there? You can't bring someone back in unless there is something in the task they did wrong/badly imo. Bring them back to complain they used their mental powers of persuasion on you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

not really watched this properly in a few years but last nights episode in the boardroom at times sounded like a bunch of squealing hyenas trying blame each other for the cock ups. Though probably unusal for a project manager to openly admit that some of the blame for the cock ups lies with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

One fish in particular was very obliging and tied the fishing line around it's tail for them 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Niall_76

He’d probably be targeted for bullying if he’s too harsh these days.

• Advertisement

I wonder why they had Francesca telling the boys they need to up their game when none of the three of them caught the fish themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Timo Werner got the bullet this week

akshay(spelling) was poxed he didn’t get fired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

alex’s voice is like frank lampard.

this will not be bettered during the series for me as an individual moment

https://twitter.com/amachillout/status/1484287015927623681?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

haha Timo Werner a dead ringer for him. I had been thinking the Russian boxer from Rocky IV but Werner fits the bill better

Chelsea striker who cant score goals

Alex who couldnt lead the task

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

He seemed to change his mind who he was firing there at the last second.

You could see straight off the bat the other game was better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭NATLOR

It's been said here before but the process is all about the business plan. Best out of the 3 got fired obviously her plan didn't suit Sugar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

I wouldn't have fired her either. The one on the end that did nothing was stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Some of those fish on the rods were so dead rigor mortis had set in .......I think one was being pulled in by the tail 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Sophie must have a killer business plan, because...

Advertisement