Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Francesca was rightfully fired for me on that one.

She's a snake and was a bully in this task. She took no responsibility whatsoever for anything and as sub-team leader, she just couldn't do that. The fact that she wanted to not mention the spelling issue unless it was brought up was one of the stupidest ideas I've ever seen on the show. She's far too headstrong and can do no wrong in her head and I think Lord Sugar copped that.

Sophie may be withering but it wasn't her fault they lost the task and I'm glad it was someone responsible that was fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Before we show you the game, lets play a little 'Spot The Typo' *nervous laugh*

If they led the presentation with something like that, they would have saved a lot of face. But noooo, never bring up a negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭893bet

Terrible sacking. Terrible.

Karen on your fired saying she agreed with it then like it “showed insite into the team for so many mistakes etc”

no, no it doesn’t, I assume they are not allowed use the internet, in the real world they would have Googled and checked the spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭McFly85

The game was crap, the idea was crap. As they said, far too much emphasis on a message rather then being fun to play. The prison game at least had scope for improvement.

Brittany was a terrible choice for PM. She openly said she had no experience with current games but then made sweeping statements about her game being the only one with a message or that the market was oversaturated with prison games(and I really can’t think of that many). Surprised she survived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

I cant understand how anyone would have ponied up 20k for that "game" never mind 3 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Well obviously they didn’t spend real money. But you’re talking about devising a game in a morning with people with no experience of devising a game with access to one game designer. It’s a test of creativity, marketing and presentation. They did fine in the circumstances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Both games were absolutely terrible. I’m not really a fan of modern video games. I prefer the old school games like Bubble Bobble, Golden Axe and Wonderboy. I hate these modern games where you are endlessly wandering around the place shooting at things. Francesca was my favourites along with Katherine.

I imagine they had to pick one of them, rather then send them back with no orders so it was probably the better of the bad bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

As an aside, The Apprentice: ONE Championship Edition on Netflix is worth a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is that available to watch on Irish Netflix? Doesn't look like it is here in the UK which is somewhat understandable but a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Yes, available in Ireland at the moment, will be available in the UK when UK Apprentice is over

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Perfect microcosm of the show there. They were criticised just now for falling for the guy being offended and ending up paying over the odds. Earlier in the series they were criticised for the exact opposite. i.e. offending a guy with an offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The American always shys away from putting herself forward as PM, it seems like a strategy to keep herself in the game for as long as possible.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Shes sly enough to stay away from PM until forced to use it as a trump card in the boardroom (make me PM next week and I'll show you Lord Sugar).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭NATLOR

There was no way they were getting those tickets for 50 off that guy but glad that team lost and the right person went this week she was nothing but a back seat driver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

By far the most interesting part of that tour was the zipline but they kept yelling about the mine tour ..... I thought that would have been brought up in the boardroom.

I also couldn't believe the American lady kept roaring into the megaphone when they guy was trying to speak to a potential customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The show badly needs an improvement next season. This season is pretty awful

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭B2021M

A lot of it is staged too...there's no way many of the incidents occur randomly.

Katherine to win, she is a business babe.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

This years contestants seem particularly weak. Your man Akeem for example seems a nice guy but no presence or anything about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

yeah not one has really stood out, usually by now someone or more likely 2/3 have looked like they had a bit about them.

Your man from few years ago, Ryan-Mark is on celebrity go dating. He is a very funny character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I thought in the beginning she might have been one of the stronger candidates.

Its a very poor season overall this year so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,298 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Some serious deadwood this year.

The only one who really impressed so far Stephanie.

Some of the others are genuinely dreadful..Akshay..Akeem...Brittany.. especially

Francesca seemed like a serious contender. Can’t believe he dumped her after just 1 mistake, he could have got rid of some other deadwood that also didn’t spot the artic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭AyeGer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,298 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yeah that was an odd one wasn't it. She was good in other weeks

Delighted Amy went. Ducked the PM role far too often and on at least three occasions played the "oh you should be the PM" card to force someone else into it.

Bar last week every task is the same over and over. Design, market and pitch. Rinse and repeat. Don't forget to have the branding people design in the dark with no consultation until it's complete and can't be changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Jesus Akeem is some doormat surely he is gone if they lose

Advertisement