Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Yes, I thought that about the food too. €26 for ingredients for butter chicken is madness; a lot of people don’t like that type of cuisine too so with no other option it wasn’t exactly appealing to the masses!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

doubt many of them have great pitches or business ideas. one of them owns an online pyjama shop, another ones a hotel receptionist and theres been cleaning company owners and a "cocktail" bar owner

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That series was definitely one of the best especially Jedi Jim convincing the project manager to change his mind on who he was bringing back to the boardroom. And then later Baggs convincing Sugar not to fire him as the axe was about to fall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Both terrible on this task. Being a fan of tv shopping doth not a good presenter make.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Ooh, looks like a double firing next week.

• Advertisement

that was probably one of the worst episodes ever last night. How that Akeem chap is still in the show is ridiculous and yer wan wailing like a banshee from the control room was not pleasant on the ears. Love to know how many flamingos were sold though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I want to know who buys a thousand pound ring off a shopping channel?

the only thing to be said for the task is the selling is genuine, the figures are not theoretical as they generally are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I'd still be fairly sceptical tbh. I was a little bit sceptical that they were even on tv tbh, but when Karen mentioned something along the lines of "of course not all people who bought on air completed the purchase" I thought they are definitely fudging the numbers to keep certain people in it or based on ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

This is the most genuine task in fairness as it does air live and the sales are legitimate. The 'complete purchase' process is a bit like having something in your shopping cart and some just didn't buy it. Or they cancelled the order within a short time period.

At this stage I'm just waiting for the business plans to show who is proposing a recruitment or marketing company that will win.

That's what I'm sceptical about. Firstly, are we sure it actually went out live on <unspecified shopping channel>? I know they said it did, but who knows? Secondly, they could easily make up cancellations to make a team win or lose. Its the same with all tasks, "the company placed 0 orders" (the orders are imaginary anyway), "10 of your customers asked for their money back" etc etc

Maybe I'm being too cynical but they always have a lever there to tweak the results if they wanted, for the right business plan or for drama/rating reasons

• Advertisement

It 100% went out and is 100% real. Every season that they run this task, it broadcasts live. The Jewellery Channel is a real channel on Sky and on Freeview. I get that the other tasks are a bit nonsense with the hypothetical orders, but this one isn't.

You're being far too cynical based on absolutely no evidence when it comes to this task in particular. If they wanted someone gone, they'd be gone a long time before Week 8/9. And there is absolutely no reason to go to any trouble to manipulate a task (given that the backlash would be enormous) when Lord Sugar could fire anyone he wanted, whenever he wanted. That's the lever.

The business plans are known from day 0, if somebody has a **** business plan but is a fan favourite or generates a lot of commentary, they will be kept in as long as possible for the ratings/drama.

It's a TV show - it would be naive to assume the producers have zero say in who is/isn't kept in

I'm not disagreeing with you. But on this task, its actual real-life legitimate sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I watched a bit of TV shopping on to early this morning and noticed there was none of the OTT excitement from the sellers. They were just talking normally. The Apprentice really pushed the high energy selling on last nights show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No mention of product margins at all? How can you do business without knowing your costs?

Or were they afraid to admit they’re bringing junk in from China for pennies?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If it went out on The Jewellery Channel, then presumably the full 2 hours of selling must exist on an available recording. I wouldn't mind seeing it, and am slightly surprised that it isn't 'out there' already, as just about everything gets recorded by someone (not to mention that TV is no longer deleted).

So I'm slightly suspicious that maybe it didn't actually get shown as part of the normal programming and might have been limited to selected purchasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

First time your baby eats this sh1t they die.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

I copped the dies as well before it was flagged. This is a total disaster for both teams

Jesus Christ this is awful. Truly awful. Enjoying it.

This is dire

• Advertisement

That was hilariously bad.

This must be one of the weakest line ups for the final ever on the Apprentice, none of them have much about them except waffle on regretting their mistakes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

To be fair to them I actually didn't see the 'First time dies' either, but once it was pointed out I couldn't unsee it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Same but if it was physically in front of us, we'd surely have spotted it. Even ignoring that, the label design on the jar was horrific

It seems a bit mad Aaron was fired due to his inability to make baby food. Having a team of just 3 and having one member spending all their time in the kitchen is nonsensical

Katherine has done **** all to get to the final. Can't see her making the final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Very funny when the babies spat out the baby food. It must have been awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭positron

I haven't been watching the show, but caught some of that last night - Harpreet is going to win it clearly. She's not exceptional, but compared to others, she's miles ahead.

yeah Harpreet should win it by default. I forget the blonde girls name who came up with the First Time to Die logo but it was a joke she wasnt fired for that. She went o about how strong she was with branding yet then came up with that awful logo. The other team werent much better and only had 5 minutes to come up with their packaging as their time management was so bad. Aaron did seem to be a fall guy but he couldnt come up with something that was even edible, had it been they probably would have gotten some sort of order and won the task. None of them really stand out this year, Id say Sugar isnt that keen on giving any of them £250k.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

Isn't the whole season recorded before broadcast so how would they know the ratings? Or do you mean they keep people in who they believe will produce high ratings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Beginning to think alot of this is set up......we're to believe not one could see the word 'DIES' highlighted on a baby food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭highball14

I was always think it’s unfair when someone is fired for not being good at something non business related. Someone who would come up with the worst baby food recipe could 100% still be an outstanding business person.

Harpreet is by far the best candidate but from here on (the final four) it all comes down to who has the best business idea.

Advertisement