Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 year old computer...having issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its either the SSD or the board that's failing. SSD most likely

If you get it to boot, back everything up immediately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That's what I was thinking. Person knows to back up, so hopefully nothing will be lost.

Is it worth buying new SSD and trying to clone the old one?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Well, if its not being recognised by the BIOS there won't be anything to clone... but if it can be read, yes. Have you got a USB-SATA adapter to try it externally?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've an adapter of some description as I cloned a HD to SSD on another machine before.

Had a look at the board, didn't see any corrosion on the capacitors. Not that this guarantees anything. It still boots sometimes.

Advertisement