Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Room Speaker

• 22-12-2021 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi, I’m moving to a new house in the new year. The house has a large open plan kitchen/living room/dining room and I’m looking for a stereo system that will work with this space. I want something to play Spotify and stream radio but I want it to be usable by more than one person. I have an Amazon Alexa mini but i find it a bit of a pain when using it with my Bose Soundtouch 10. It’s very temperamental, it currently turns on the radio but won’t turn it off.

I was thinking of something like a Sonos Five or maybe a Sonos Beam. The benefit of the Beam is that it will also hook up to the TV.

or would I be better off with a good micro system like a Denon DM41?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭scuba8

In your position I would get a Beam or an Arc if you could stretch the budget. At a later date as funds allow I would get a Sonus sub which would help fill the space with sound. Later again you could get a couple of Play 1’s. to make up a surround system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Donie75

Thanks Scuba. I like the look of the Beam and it will work well with the wall mounted TV. I don’t know if the ones will work in the room but there are some good upgrade options.

how would a Beam compare to a Five for music?

Advertisement