Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2021-22 Double and Blank GW Discussion

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

This Kulusevski fella looks very impressive. Strong direct and can pick a pass. Impressive all round for a 21 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I like the look of that.

You could even downgrade Richarlison (do you really want him?) to Broja and keep Cancelo if you already had him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd second that. No need for Richarlison - Everton are in horrible form & their last 7 fixtures are very very tough. Richarlison probably wouldn't be starting too often either. When you have 11 better starters most weeks. Pickford too. Is Ramsdale within your budget?

It looks like you have a nicely spread out squad so I presume a quick BB too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Everton have a double next week & both are at home .. Wolves who are in disarray & Newcastle.

I actually forgot about Cancelo. Think I’d be happy to go without him for Double Liverpool defence as he plays cry, blank, bur before playing Liverpool.

Funny enough I’ve never owned Cancelo this season :)

But at that I could get Cancelo for Richarlison later as plan to not play forwards going ahead or could swap to Watkins going into GW30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Richarlison only there for DGW29 & I most likely won’t play him going forward (be subbed out). Pickford the same. Schmeichel will be my keeper going forward with all his upcoming doubles. I had the funds there. Can’t do Ramsdale as I have White, Saka & Martinelli.. Could get rid of white tho & get another defender in

Ive no BB as it is currently active in GW28

The only thing stopping me going down the Kane 29 C/TC route is a Salah haul tonight.

Is it possible for GW 33 to be both a BGW & a DGW?

We know that Everton & Crystal Palace both blank in 33 but the following games can be blanks too, depending on FA Cup game results;

Aston Villa v Liverpool

Southampton v Arsenal

Wolves v Man City

Could there also be a DGW for teams like Leicester & Burnley who have a big backlog of games to work through?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

We have a DGW 31 & DGW 33.

Some DGW may become regular GW, dependent on FA Cup results.

Some may also become BGW 33.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looing at Ben Crellin's spreadsheet, looing like GW36 we could have a double gameweek of...

Villa V Burnley

Burnley V Villa

Wonder if tht's ever happened before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Not PL era, but in the old 1st Division Luton played Notts Forest on May 13 1988 with the reverse fixture taking place on May 15th! Both games ended 1-1. Probably no name scorers to wipe out the clean sheets:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

You have too much time on your hands 😂😂👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Thats likely GW36. GW37 starts on Sunday 15th May.

Oh yes, correct. I was thinking more on penultimate than the date!

I don't like the looks of this double game week, I still have 2 free hits and I'm thinking using them in 35&37 or 36&38 instead. Is anyone else doing the same? I just think this DGW is a trap with Leicester resting players and Man United playing shite.

The FH this week is a good way of getting 3 Spurs players into your team if you don't have them. Or if you have Doherty and want to switch it up.

Likewise if you do own 3 Spurs players, it works out in 36 as you can remove them for one week and keep them for their good run of fixtures.

As for the other DGWS in 33, I don't really fancy Brighton or Southampton, but Newcastle do seem to have some appeal. Possibly Arsenal. Leicester can go with either way alright. We'll know more there on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

My plan all along was FH33 but also not to thrilled by the 33 doubles now. Have 2FT so can get 5 maybe 6 doublers along with spurs/city/pool players and roll the dice on whatever happens from there.

Will wildcard in 34/35, BB in 36 and then use the last FH in 37/38 instead.

I should show my team. I have 4 doublers at the moment and also have 2 free transfers and 2.2m in the bank so I could go to 6. Barnes in for Raphina is appealing after his rest today. If Doherty is injured for a while I could get in Schar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

If you only have 1 free hit, keeping it for 37 would be the play.

if you have 2 and you're chasing, like me, might be no harm to roll the dice on this week

33 FH

35 wildcard

36 BB

37 FH

• Registered Users Posts: 43 dermey97

anyone have the link to the excel sheet to input players to see fixtures in weeks to come. tHanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Think I'll wildcard now this weekend anow set up for a BB in 36 and FH then in 37. Need to figure out the optimum team now for the next 3 GWs.

• Advertisement

Dave Jones seem to imply yesterday that Liverpool & Man City will play their rearranged games in the midweek before the last game of the season, which would mean that they have DGW 37 and not 36.

It would probably be fairer on the 2 teams too, in terms of rest days and timing of the games too, because of when the FA cup final falls.

Would those teams fixtures affect your thinking behind FH 37 instead of FH 36?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

Man City get a double gw 36 confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I will free hit in 37 now and use fts until 36 to get City players. Don't want to be going into GW38 with a load of Everton and Villa players.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Torn between triple captain Salah this week or bench boost. It would be triple captain Watkins or someone like that in gw37 if I bench boost this week. Need to do some maths to see which works out better...

On paper for triple captain I'd rather play salah but I'd also have a stronger bench this week for bench boost. First World problems !

Salah didn't play last GW so that was his rest and should start & play 150+ mins this GW IMO.

TC Salah > TC Watkins.

What's your bench like this GW v bench next GW? A lot of benches are the lower priced players who may double next GW, whereas the better higher priced players double this GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Definitely Salah is a better tc option. Bench will be strong this week, about 20-30 points after a 4 point hit. Next week would be a bit weaker for bench boost so its really a gamble either way. Think I'm leaning towards bench boost this week as I will have salah

Bb Next week would involve 2 Burnley players... getting rid of them for this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Best triple captain choice between this week and next? Salah or kdn this week. Arsenal or Chelsea player this week?Watkins or richarlison next week

Advertisement