Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dryer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭ec_pc

Wow, I didn't it was possible to get a tumble dryer that was so expensive. Hard to justify in my opinion, even though it's extremely efficient!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I bought the Bosch at 480. It’s a fine machine. The beko looks good to me too but I have no experience with their heat pump dryer.

it depends on how much drying you do I guess.

just beware, these heat pump dryers won’t dry fast like a conventional condenser dryer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Heatpump dryers are slow but very gentle on clothes compared to either old style condensors or vented. If you don't need speed (like a big family might) I'd definitely recommend one.

That, however, is quite pricey. And they don't have any stock!

This Bosch which is the newer version of what I have is a bit cheaper and in stock:

https://powercity.ie/product/WTWH76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Any reason you're wanting a heat pump dryer? They're very expensive and need to run for ages to dry a few clothes. Any decent HP dryers are made for factories etc. the ones aimed at the domestic market are feeble offerings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd not bother with the heat pump models, you could buy 3 perfectly good condensing model for the same price, lifespan will be similar and the energy savings will not add up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've never experienced an even acceptable condenser yet alone a perfectly good one; and the speed thing is overstated based on first-gen ones.

They are slower, but nowhere near as slow as people seem to think. Condenser ones are slow enough too.

I went for one as we don't line dry anything so the dryer was a significant element of our electricity usage. Additionally my house has appalling wiring so I wanted to reduce the load in the kitchen (have just booked a sparks to rewire the entire place though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I would buy this one. They do take longer but they use significantly less electricity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Do all heat pump dryers have to be kept in the house as opposed to in a shed. Any I've looked at are either a straight no for outbuildings or require "ambient temperature" which seems to imply that outbuildings are a no no.

Advertisement