Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose Of Tralee now accepting trans applicants (Threadbanned List in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That's not dogma, that's basic etymological fact. It's like saying today is new years eve in Ireland is dogma not fact.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

And as has been pointed out to you many many times, they are not taking the place of anyone, they are allowed to compete, same as every other contestant.

No quotas for trans women. No spaces kept away from others and given to them.

What part of that do you not understand or are you deliberately ignoring it because it doesn't suit your argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

"The transition transubstantiation is the process and your discription here is that of someone who has NOT undertaken that process, so a "biological male who identified as a woman" is NOT a transwoman. Thus proves you don't know the difference between a transwoman and a biologial male."

It's Dogma, you have to believe in your magical process to accept it. From a biological perspective, a biological male is still a biological male regardless of your belief to the contrary, in the same way that a piece of bread is still a piece of bread and not the body of christ regardless of anyones belief. And just like the Catholic church, your position is entirely dependent on silencing people who point out the obvious 😂

Allow a biologist to explain, and he banned from boards for this 😂:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFHVV_GcykI

What makes you think 'few would speak up '?

do you have anything that backs this up? Or is it just you that decides it?

There's nothing "magical", it's scientifically developed hormone treatment.

The fact that you are comparing scientific transition to Catholic transsubstantiation means you're either very ignorant or trolling, and my money is on trolling so I'm leaving you here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

@Dyr theres no need for dramatics. Noone is being banned for putting up a youtube video 🤣

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Showing respect does not mean pandering to people's every whim. A true friend can show respect to you by saying the truth to you no matter how much it hurts.

Also, I am pretty sure they still exist as people even if I do not agree with their particular definition of their identity.

For instance, Rachel Dolezal still exists in the world even if people do not agree with her identifying as a black woman.

So its not really showing respect at all then 😅

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I assume the supporters of Trans idelology see no issue with someone identifying as Korean either? And if not, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

The Stonewall Riot were in 1969.

The term "transgender" was coined in 1971.

When people claim there were no transgender people involved in the Stonewall riots it demonstrates their utter lack of research.

It's like claiming there were no cars in early 20th century US but there were "machines" and "automobiles" which were 4 wheeled vehicles powered by an internal combustion engine which, significantly, no-one called a "car". Therefore no cars were on US roads.

Or that prior to 1869 no-one was a "homosexual" even if their sexual orientation was exclusively same-sex. If they didn't call themselves "homosexual" they weren't is the essential argument being made. Therefore Caravaggio was not homosexual, he was... umm... look... it's a fact he never called himself one m'kay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Already had this one.

"If you let men identiy as women, they you'll have people wanting to identify as Korean!" is in the same vein as "if they let men marry other men they'll want to marry dogs or trees next", "If you let women vote, soon they'll want to be doctors" becaues it's fear of people you don't like being on the same level as you.

(And in answer to your questions; no - couldn't give a ****; and because it's someone else's personal choice that doesn't impact me one way or the other and I'm not irrationally scared of "what ifs".

• Exactly.

A lot of people seem to be under the impression that transgender = non-binary.

And women who police who qualifies as a woman destroyed the Lesbian Strength March ( which was traditionally held the weekend before the main Pride March in London from 1981 to 1988) when a small group made themselves the final authority on who could participate and banned anyone who didn't conform to their version of gender or sexual expression.

They literally banned cis lesbians who were too butch or wore leather. They also refused access to the Lesbian Line ( a vital helpline) to anyone in either an S&M or Butch/Femme relationship unless it was the "bottom" or "femme" and those women had to say they were in an abusive relationship before accessing help.

There were Lesbian housing co-ops who were big on having children via sperm donors - but - and here is the issue - they were invariably ideologically Lesbian-Separatist so if the resulting baby was male both mother and child were evicted.

These women are the forerunners of the GC's fervent Activists.

Thankfully women with these ideologically tendencies, although influential in the UK, never manged to gain a foothold in Ireland - they are still trying.

We don't need England's bigotry here. We have enough of our own to go around.

• Because studies have shown that the brain structure of transgender women (male to female) is closer to the female brain than it is to the male brain.

Transgenderism has a scientific, biological (seeing as people are so keen to point out the importance of biology), basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I didn't realise that Ben Shapiro was a poster on this forum, or that we were posting in the Philosophy section of boards, because there is an awful lot of "Let's just say" and "Hypothetically".

The joy of posting something like that is that it's insanely easy to twist a narrative and discussion to suit your own arguing points, and are entirely made in bad faith.

Yep that seems to be what certain posters are attempting to do, whitewash transgender people out.

• Advertisement

There's something familiar about that ... can't quite put my homosexual treat me with respect but let's be honest and acknowledge that it's just un-natural finger on it 🤔

Oh look more disrespectful nonsense. Save us all the bs "showing respect" when your posts completely lack any respect.

Terry Pratchet

Oh the irony sighs the professional historian.

Yeah. And all with such insincere faux claims to be "respectful".

Terry Pratchet

Sex isn't based on the borderline pseudoscientific notion of a "female brain" and a "male brain". It's based on gamete or sex cell production, of which there are only two.

Second, some argue that gay men have brain structures that resonate toward a "female brain", but that wouldn't make the gay man a straight woman.

As Robert Winston says, the problem is when emotion and personal belief is being favoured instead of biological science. It's the equivalent of climate science denialists, who refuse to accept the facts on the ground because they want to believe something else that makes them feel better. Young Earth Creationists react the same way when their dogma is attacked. They, too, claim to "have the best science" and resort very angrily to those that challenge a faith which is disproportionate to the best available evidence.

As other posters have said, this is nothing more than dogma. Unsubstantiated dogma, borderline a religion that tries to silence and abuse the new heretics (presumably because, deep down, they know that the facts aren't really on their side, so they can only resort to silencing the real truth, and abusing those with the temerity to stand up and say it).

So how do you explain trans people then? And actually what difference does it make in the Rose of Tralee. It's not professional sports, where male puberty could give someone the edge (something that is entirely possible and the science isn't settled upon yet).

It's not taking a womens place. It's just that you don't want to accept trans people (and then something about dogma and biology).

I don't think anyone argues that sex is not real (or whatever clumsy 'BIOLOGICAL' wording you want). Trans people are real, it's not some new thing that's just been invented.

Reminds me of that Stonewall film where the hero was a blond haired, all American cis white guy. The kind who would describe themselves as "straight acting".

And who can forget the director's response to deserved criticism "I didn't make this movie only for gay people, I made it also for straight people... As a director you have to put yourself in your movies, and I'm white and gay."

A philosophy GC's can embrace with it's "my people weren't there but we are here now so we will rewrite history to put us centre stage there so we can claim to be the founders and protectors now" vibe.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

But yet you expect everyone to pander to your whim that transgender women shouldn't be allowed in the Rose of Tralee.

And before you come back with 'I never said this etc.', it's pretty clear that you are opposed to this, otherwise you wouldn't be arguing a toss with people who see no issue with it.

My position is crystal clear.

To give a parallel kind of reasoning: I'd be against a competitor cooking steak and chips in a competition about baking cakes.

Some could argue: "Oh but what harm is it causing you PERSONALLY?".

Another might come along and say: "...but the rest of the competitors baking cakes clearly don't mind".

But ultimately, the competition is about baking cakes and that competitor does not belong because he has taken the place of a true baker of cakes who was training for years up to this point.

Someone then plods along and says to me: "Yes, Eskimohunt, but the rules have been changed to allow steak and chips to be cooked in a baking competition".

My response: "Then it has also ceased to become a baking competition and that new rule should be reversed".

• Advertisement

Oh no I'm sure nothing but respect towards trans people but you know just that we all know trans people exist but don't *really* exist and transmen are really confused lesbians and transwomen are really effeminate gay men. But apart from denying their existence they totally respect them. But just don't go anywhere that I might have to see trans people. Respectfully like.

Advertisement